/* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }
Powered by Blogger
         
About
Hi, this is my blog for all sorts of pro-life news, statistics, stories, and personal ventings. I am a wife and mother, as well as a nursing student. I I truly believe that abortion has failed women, and will continue to do so as long as it is legal.


Links


Previous

Archives


Extras

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Awesome Israeli program to help poor families have a wonderful Passover free from hunger and shame!

I am on a mailing list for an Israeli newspaper and I got this bulletin. I really like the concept and am posting it both so those interested can donate and to see if we could start something like this for pregnant and parenting women and families. It allows the families to receive a regular prepaid visa card that can be used anywhere and doesn't carry the social stigma of food stamps. I realize that the food stamps program in America has gotten much more streamlined, but I also know there are a lot of families in need who are too ashamed to be associated with taking money from the government(I know so many of our "caring liberals" make those who need help out to be the lowest level of cretins)

Anyways, here's the link to the Israeli program A full plate

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


This template design was made by Akshamala at www.throughmyview.com