/* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }
Powered by Blogger
         
About
Hi, this is my blog for all sorts of pro-life news, statistics, stories, and personal ventings. I am a wife and mother, as well as a nursing student. I I truly believe that abortion has failed women, and will continue to do so as long as it is legal.


Links


Previous

Archives


Extras

Thursday, March 09, 2006

What have we become?

The past few days have been a bit odd for me. I've been unsettled about life and issues in a way that is new for me. It's hard to express in words exactly what I've experienced but I think it boils down to a confusion and hopelessness for humanity.

I've been reading more pro-choice articles than is probably good for my soul. I read them looking for a glimmer of something to allow me to see some good in their movement. I looked for empowerment, I looked for justice, and I even looked for some moral good. I looked. What I found was a numb assortment of selfish wants and mortal desires. I found women broken by the establishment of abortion. Women who rely on abortion as a way to put their bodies and selves back into submission. I found women who are fighting for a cause not because of the moral implications of killing their offspring, but because they are terrified of a world where they would be unable to control their own destinies by asserting ultimate control over the destinies of their children.

Control is what it comes down to. After countless years of subservience, women have decided to assert their dominance by enslaving a new group. A weaker group. Because of the injustices of the past, women are inflicting their own injustices for the future. It is quite reminiscent of a certain time, in a certain place, where another group of downtrodden rose to fight not their oppressors, but those who were weak and could be easily overthrown.

Abortion is cowardly. Instead of overthrowing the patriarchal society and reaching for a potential inclusive of maternity, women have pushed aside their very femininity for mans ideology of unrepentant strength. We have become who we hated. We have become heartless monsters trampling anyone who stands in way of our superficial success.

Why has it become acceptable for the oppressed to continue the chain of violence and brut order? Why have we allowed ourselves to sink to the level of the slave owner? Why are we destroying life, not in order for us to live, but in order for us to flourish in the hideous world we refuse to abolish.

This is not acceptable. If our answer to fascism is the domination of the weak, how are we any better than our oppressors? I do not believe that people begin atrocities with the intention to force others into the subjection that they have suffered. Or maybe they do. Maybe this is some sort of revenge via transference...If we can't kill the despot, kill the children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


This template design was made by Akshamala at www.throughmyview.com