/* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }
Powered by Blogger
         
About
Hi, this is my blog for all sorts of pro-life news, statistics, stories, and personal ventings. I am a wife and mother, as well as a nursing student. I I truly believe that abortion has failed women, and will continue to do so as long as it is legal.


Links


Previous

Archives


Extras

Friday, June 23, 2006

Did they deserve to die?


This is my maternal grandmother holding my son on his first birthday. My grandmother is a wonderful lady who has been through a lot in the past few years.

She sustained a massive head injury last fall and was in a coma for about 6 weeks. During that time whispers of taking her off life support most certainly circulated. Praise God my mother could see through the nonsense and allowed my grandmother to live.

She isn't 100% yet, but she is so full of life and hope. She will never be "the same" but I don't care. Her spirit remains wholly independent of her calculative abilities. I love my grandmother.

I'm sure you are all familiar with the story of my son, but suffice to say I was told many times to abort do to his likely disability.

Though they demonstrate different ends of the spectrum, both are affected by a culture that sees life as a gradient, and theirs as not worth living. We are made in the image of God, the world can rebuke the truth, but our essence remains. Regardless of our individual capacities, our lives are worth something. Pray for my grandmother and others like her who are being cast aside.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


This template design was made by Akshamala at www.throughmyview.com