/* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }
Powered by Blogger
         
About
Hi, this is my blog for all sorts of pro-life news, statistics, stories, and personal ventings. I am a wife and mother, as well as a nursing student. I I truly believe that abortion has failed women, and will continue to do so as long as it is legal.


Links


Previous

Archives


Extras

Monday, June 26, 2006

On baby James and other "special needs children" in China.

After seeing the cry for help regarding Baby JamesI took it upon myself to research the situation a bit further and see if there was any way possible we could help him. I emailed the adoption agency to request information on starting the process to adopt a special need child and mentioned James specifically. I realize that there is little chance we would ever be picked as adoptive parents given our age and financial status(though we do meet the most basic of income requirements listed) Though we are most defiantly in the place in our lives for another child, I am not sure an adoption agency would see our situation in that light. I felt deeply called to peruse this as far as I am allowed.

Pray for James and that he will find a family, and if it is to be, that he will find our family. Again, I realize this is further than far reaching, but as I said, I felt deeply called to at least TRY to adopt him. Perhaps my inquiry will show intent and allow him to stay open for adoption long enough for him to find the family he deserves.

During my inquiry into Baby James I noticed a very upsetting trend. The adoption service listing him handles many "special needs" children. That, of course, is not the problem . The problem is that many, perhaps most, of the "special needs" are things such as club feet or birthmarks. What bothers me is it seems to signal that parents "cast away" these children as "deformed" for minor cosmetic defects. Perhaps I am misreading the situation, but it is very disturbing that these children may live forever as orphans because of a (correctable!) club foot. I know it was naive of me to think differently, but I never realized the scope of "special needs" before. Pray for these children, and all the children. Praise God that their parents at the very least gave them life.

6 Comments:

  • Wow! I'm so excited!

    Just know, that if this adoption goes through, that I'm throwing your family the biggest baby shower on the planet. We're talking a baby shower of Oprah proportions, here!

    What a great baby brother for Holden! It's all the Lord's will here, but I can't think of a better mother for this little man.

    -Jacqueline

    By Blogger Fredi, at 7:19 AM  

  • We are praying for him. I have no idea how quickly one could get through the application process but we're just praying it's "in time".

    By Blogger Lauren, at 7:34 AM  

  • I hope things work out for Baby James and will be watching your blog for updates asa to weather your family will be chosen . Godd luck!!!!

    By Blogger chel, at 5:01 PM  

  • Thank you. I havn't received anything but an aknowledgment of my existance thus far, but it's only been one day.

    I plan pressing more tomorrow. I'll keep everyone the loop so to speak.

    By Blogger Lauren, at 6:29 PM  

  • Where did you find out about James? I don't know the background for this story.

    I have said it before, but God bless you and your family. You're awesome.

    By Blogger Young Christian Woman, at 8:53 AM  

  • I found out about him by a post from Barbara at www.mommylife.net that was cross posted to www.prolifeblogs.com

    I got additional information by following the link to the agency. As of this momment I've left a voice message with the special needs agent at the adoption agency, but havn't heard back.

    I'll keep everyone in touch when I learn something more!

    By Blogger Lauren, at 9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


This template design was made by Akshamala at www.throughmyview.com