/* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }
Powered by Blogger
         
About
Hi, this is my blog for all sorts of pro-life news, statistics, stories, and personal ventings. I am a wife and mother, as well as a nursing student. I I truly believe that abortion has failed women, and will continue to do so as long as it is legal.


Links


Previous

Archives


Extras

Monday, March 13, 2006

Note to Employer: Not all Women Will Abort for the Good of the Company

I was once pro-choice. I was marching for choice by the time I could walk. My mother was a rapid choicer who thought of abortion as a Godsend. I've been told numerous times in my life(including during my own pregnancy) that I barely missed being killed in her womb. I bought all the lies, and then some of the lies, and finally found the truth.

The biggest obstacle in my journey to becoming pro-life was the matter of subjugation of women. I really bought into the whole "men trying to keep women barefoot and pregnant" argument. I really thought that if abortion was not an option, women would be relegated to second class citizens. The rhetoric telling me I must kill my child in order to avoid oppression was quite effective. Then one day, I woke up.

I looked around and asked "what has abortion done for women?" I don't see one thing. Women are still paid less than men, still work in companies that are incompatible with child raising, still are patronized and belittled. What has changed? Nothing.

Abortion has enabled men to continue sexist practices. It has enabled men to maintain prejudice against pregnant women and mothers because, hey, they could have always have a safe,legal abortion.

Abortion has failed women in every way. We are not empowered. We are captured in a patriarchal world that refuses to accept that sometimes, somehow, women have babies. I guess that's easy to forget when 1/4 of all women who get pregnant choose to kill their children instead of allowing them to become such and inconvenience to their lives and their company's bottom line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


This template design was made by Akshamala at www.throughmyview.com