/* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }
Powered by Blogger
         
About
Hi, this is my blog for all sorts of pro-life news, statistics, stories, and personal ventings. I am a wife and mother, as well as a nursing student. I I truly believe that abortion has failed women, and will continue to do so as long as it is legal.


Links


Previous

Archives


Extras

Thursday, June 29, 2006

My husband, Oliver

I realized that I never post about my wonderful husband. This is our wedding picture(I can't believe how different Oliver looks without facial hair!)

Anyways, a little about my wonderful husband. We met in highschool band. He played bassoon and I flute. During marching season he played clarinet which positioned him right behind me in the stands. We were friends only at school for the two years before he graduated.

After graduation, he started school at UT, but drove up to see me every weekend(3 1/2 hours one way!) We grew very close, and by December of my freshman year of college we were married!

When Oliver and I met I was a mess. I was very disillusioned with religion and God and had a lot of bitterness about life in general. Oliver and I used to talk a lot about our religious views(I Unitarian universalist, and him Pentecostal!) and I found myself captivated by his level of spiritual depth.
From the second he told me about the Holy Ghost I was hungry for the baptism. I begged Oliver to pray for me in tongues, but he reminded me it wasn't something that he could turn on and off at whim.

One night, when I was particularly afraid, he prayed for me and I interpreted him! From that point forward he helped guide me back to God and to my eventual filling of the Holy Ghost.
Oliver's steadfast faith has shown me God's miracles. When we got the news that we were miscarrying our son, Oliver prayed not that our pain be taken away, but rather that God bring him back. He fell back on scripture and had faith even when things seemed hopeless. While we did lose one child to a blighted ovum, they discovered a second that they had previously not seen. God continued our pregnancy and we have a beautiful son because of it. Oliver's faith and strength give me hope.

God bless my wonderful husband!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


This template design was made by Akshamala at www.throughmyview.com