/* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }
Powered by Blogger
         
About
Hi, this is my blog for all sorts of pro-life news, statistics, stories, and personal ventings. I am a wife and mother, as well as a nursing student. I I truly believe that abortion has failed women, and will continue to do so as long as it is legal.


Links


Previous

Archives


Extras

Monday, April 02, 2007

Would you go back in time?

This is a short break from my series, but I was reading my new Above Rubies magazine (www.aboverubies.org) and I found mention of Simpler Times Village

It is


To be Built 2008 in Madison County Indiana

Simpler Times Village is an actual community that will be built in Madison County, Indiana in 2008. Can you imagine a storybook village in old world Europe? Have you ever traveled to Italy or Austria to see a community built before 1800? We are working to recreate such a place...
I can not tell you how many times I've wished that I could do something like this, go back to a simpler time. Of course, when the opportunity actually presents itself I have a few doubts. What do you think? Would you like to live in this type of community?

2 Comments:

  • Noooooooooo.

    While I wish we didn't have food additives, abortion, euthanasia and other signs of our times, I like that I have modern comforts: hot water for a nice long bath, Napa Valley wine, fruit and vegetables from all over the globe that not only did I not have to grow but couldn't grow due to climate restrictions). I like to be able to get any information I desire at the push of a button (GOOGLE!) and communicate with family instantaneously via telephone or email. I love that I can hop a plane and be anywhere within a few days. I love not having to make my own clothing, go to a well for water, or go cold in the winter or hot in the summer due to no air conditioning.

    I'll stay right here in modern times.

    By Blogger JacqueFromTexas, at 8:05 AM  

  • I wouldn't mind going back in time. I am a wanna be homesteader and I really could to without the modern. Although I do use them..... a lot! ;-) Like I said I am a wanna be.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


This template design was made by Akshamala at www.throughmyview.com