/* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }
Powered by Blogger
         
About
Hi, this is my blog for all sorts of pro-life news, statistics, stories, and personal ventings. I am a wife and mother, as well as a nursing student. I I truly believe that abortion has failed women, and will continue to do so as long as it is legal.


Links


Previous

Archives


Extras

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Godly by Choice-Part 4 in a discussion on Biblical Womanhood

I think a large part of the feminist critique of Godly living is the idea that no woman would choose such a life. Worse, that those who do choose home are damaging to women everywhere.

First let's talk about the idea that "no intelligent woman would ever make the choice to sacrifice for her family." Well that's just wrong! To begin with, the very image of a biblical woman is one who is strong, yet compassionate. Someone who contributes much to her family, while maintaining harmony within.

Just look at Proverbs 31. No one would consider such a woman a weak little flower. Yet that is precisely the view the world has of women who strive to follow God. We are seen as weak, drifting women who would leave it all behind if given the chance. Perhaps, were we not saved, we would. For I will not deny that being a Godly woman requires a good deal of death to self. As does, of course, being a Godly man.

Remarkably, when we bury ourselves with Christ, entire worldviews change. What was once drudgery is now a blessing. We strive to walk more closely to Christ not because we have to, but because we so earnestly desire to be near Him. We have not stumbled into a role that we feel forced to keep. Rather we know that through Christ who strengthens us we can do all things. Perhaps the greatest of these is being formed into the kind of woman described in Titus 2.

The world looks at us and sees quaint remnants of a forgotten time. What they fail to see is that in this crumbling world, being old fashioned has its benefits. We are not perfect, we all stumble. The one thing that I believes holds us together is a faith in God that prevails over our selfish nature. Once we surrender our expectations, God quickly shows us His way.

Addressing those who belive the choice to stay home is damaging to women, I ask- if not us then who? If we take all Godly women out of America...what then? Am I saying that to follow God a woman musn't work? Of course not, the ideal biblical women owned a field and gave fruit. What I am saying is that we mustn't let ambition cloud principle. The women of the world would be much better off if they went into their carreres embracing their femininity instead of requiring all other women to shed of this quality at the first interview. What would our world be if every woman in America embraced this philosophy?

5 Comments:

  • Very well put!

    I have to say that I also am bothered by the idea that it is somehow "bad" to choose to be a stay at home mother or a house wife, or even to just be more womanly than the stereotypical "Feminist".

    I am not very "old fashioned" myself, but even I can see that expecting women to act like men doesn't work.

    ~AJ~

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:09 PM  

  • I am so tired of hearing that we are weak and dumb! Just a bunch of idiots sitting around watching soaps or mindlessly following an imaginary "god". Which I do not do!!! I am constantly busy I have no time for TV. And my God (my Lord and Savior) is alive and real. I get this kind of thinking from some of my in-laws. Then on top of that I homeschool! I am sure you can imagine the hub'bub that went on about that. ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:13 AM  

  • I certainly can! I think my mom thought that I was kidnapped by brainwashing aliens when I was saved!

    By Blogger Lauren, at 3:15 PM  

  • Are you kidding? I thank YOU for posting your good thoughts! I meant to write a comment when I linked, but, well, you understand the demands of the house. :) I hope you are well. Keep making good choices!

    By Blogger Michelle Maddocks, at 4:18 PM  

  • Oh yes, I just put my little one to bed and this is the first chance I've had to get online all day!

    By Blogger Lauren, at 4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


This template design was made by Akshamala at www.throughmyview.com