/* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }
Powered by Blogger
         
About
Hi, this is my blog for all sorts of pro-life news, statistics, stories, and personal ventings. I am a wife and mother, as well as a nursing student. I I truly believe that abortion has failed women, and will continue to do so as long as it is legal.


Links


Previous

Archives


Extras

Monday, March 12, 2007

5 family meals for under $5 (#4)

I am doing a series of 5 family meals under $5.00. The first in the series, as well as links to the rest, can be found (here).

Here is my super duper cheap 'n easy Lasagna recipe. This too comes from the (Free!) Kraft Food and Family magazine!

In fact, I'm going to cheat on this one and just link to their website!

Here you go (Kraft lasagna recipe)

I'll simply give you a breakdown of costs.

Lasagna noodles- $1.00
Pasta sauce-$.80 (get the cheap kind you open w/ a can opener)
1 bag shredded mozzarella cheese- $1.50
1 container (15oz) ricotta cheese
-$2.49
1 egg $.16
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese-$.80
A good hearty sprinkling of parsley- $.40

Total Cost-7.15 (I know, I know this isn't really under 5...but it serves twice as many people which makes it incredibly frugal for a Sunday dinner party or a large family)
Feeds-8 adults.

2 Comments:

  • You can do up two small lasagnes in 9x9 pans at once, halving the cost you give.

    By Blogger Young Christian Woman, at 4:29 AM  

  • Excellent! I figured this was possible, but I'm always so afraid to break the lasagna noodles when cutting them!

    By Blogger Lauren, at 9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


This template design was made by Akshamala at www.throughmyview.com