/* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }
Powered by Blogger
         
About
Hi, this is my blog for all sorts of pro-life news, statistics, stories, and personal ventings. I am a wife and mother, as well as a nursing student. I I truly believe that abortion has failed women, and will continue to do so as long as it is legal.


Links


Previous

Archives


Extras

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Why is it even a question?

It seems odd that we need even ask if killing a member of our species is wrong. Of course, we live in a society where we question even if "wrong" exists, so perhaps it is not. I find it difficult to articulate my exact feelings when it comes to abortion. It is somewhere in the range of disgust and horror and sympathy and sadness.

I trick my mind into not focusing on the exact details of the killing. I suppose we all do that to some extent. Horror is more palatable when we think in generalities and do not let our mind wonder into what killing actually entails. When I think daily of abortion, I think of the death of the child in terms of a light switch. Now they live, now they don't. I can't look at the reality. It is too stark, and too grotesque.

Then I look and I pray.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Sad that i have to inform you that the human species is not the only one who kills memebers of its own species.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:35 PM  

  • Sad that I have to you inform YOU anonymous, that the human species is the only species with a consciousness and therefore should be held at a higher standard than other animals.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


This template design was made by Akshamala at www.throughmyview.com