/* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }
Powered by Blogger
         
About
Hi, this is my blog for all sorts of pro-life news, statistics, stories, and personal ventings. I am a wife and mother, as well as a nursing student. I I truly believe that abortion has failed women, and will continue to do so as long as it is legal.


Links


Previous

Archives


Extras

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Prayer Request-Ashely Adams

I follow the story of Ashley at her parents blog Ashley's Journal
Today her mother posted the following-

Already today has proved itself to be stressful. We are putting Ash through more and more testing searching for answers as to why she just can't stop her screaming.

Yesterday's CT scan revealed more to us than the fractured ribs. It also showed us that the nodules we had been treating since Dec. 26th that were suspected to be mold have not responded to treatment and they are actually spreading. One has already become cavitated which tells us that the body has formed a capsule around it trying to keep it from spreading any further. Instead of showing only 2 suspicious areas we now are finding 4. We are on our way to do another CT scan but this one will be of her head. They are looking to see if the infectious nodules have spread from her lungs to her brain. Unreal! This is what I said to them. They told me it is actually the first place it can spread to. They are wondering if this is causing the sudden screaming and altering her personality. OK, I was just joking last night when I though she woke up from anesthesia with a whole new attitude, but these doctors are serious.

The other concern with the nodules in the lung is that they have not identified them yet. Infectious disease came in to talk to me and said that they must rule out the possibility of them being a cancer. Unfortunately this can occur in transplanted patients. They are scheduling a lung biopsy as soon as possible to go in and get samples in order to test them. I can't tell you what I am feeling at this moment. I think I am still a little numb from the direction this has taken. There are obviously large risks associated with the lung biopsy and I would prefer not to think about any of them taking place. They have tried to prepare me that she will be on the ventilator and sedated for a few days after the biopsy. At some point I believe that I will probably break under this pressure but for now I continue to listen to her screaming and pray that He will help.

I want answers and I want relief for my sweet Ashley. She is beyond exhausted. At the conclusion of the CT scan we will go over to radiology to have the skeletal scan done to see if she has suffered from any more fractures.

I will post more later, but for now they are wheeling her out the door. I would truly be grateful for your prayers today. Trish


I'm just spreading the word so more can pray.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


This template design was made by Akshamala at www.throughmyview.com