/* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }
Powered by Blogger
         
About
Hi, this is my blog for all sorts of pro-life news, statistics, stories, and personal ventings. I am a wife and mother, as well as a nursing student. I I truly believe that abortion has failed women, and will continue to do so as long as it is legal.


Links


Previous

Archives


Extras

Monday, June 18, 2007

Blessings

Waking up in pain has got to be one of the most miserable experiences of life. Today I woke up in pain that not only startled me with its intensity, but also served as a blatant reminder that I did, indeed, miscarry.

After popping a few Advil I whimperd back to bed to surf the web. I read some stories of death and destruction and reminded myself not to turn on the news.

Then something amazing happened. My little boy came bounding from his room and jumped up into bed. Sure he's not supposed to leave his room in the morning until I get him, but today that didn't matter. He snuggled up to me, lay his little blonde head on my shoulder and gave me a kiss.

What more could a mommy want?

I realized how wonderfully blessed we are to have Holden. God has given us the most precious gift imaginable and for that I am thankful.

5 Comments:

  • Oh Lauren that is so sweet. I think that God knew what kind of comfort you needed at that very moment. Our children are the greatest blessings we have. I am sorry that you were in pain this morning, and I hope that it has been eased.

    By Blogger Bethany, at 6:13 AM  

  • I miss my BFF. Can I buy you a bubble tea?

    By Blogger JacqueFromTexas, at 7:48 AM  

  • Yes! (But I heard horrible stories of food poisioning at our beloved bethany's!) ((the tea shop, not the person!))

    By Blogger Lauren, at 10:00 AM  

  • Boy, it's hard to lose a child-- regardless of the age. I'm glad your boy was able to be there for you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:59 AM  

  • I was just bloggin around and saw yours. I just want to thank you for being a mother.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


This template design was made by Akshamala at www.throughmyview.com