/* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }
Powered by Blogger
         
About
Hi, this is my blog for all sorts of pro-life news, statistics, stories, and personal ventings. I am a wife and mother, as well as a nursing student. I I truly believe that abortion has failed women, and will continue to do so as long as it is legal.


Links


Previous

Archives


Extras

Sunday, June 10, 2007

A New Standard of "Clean"

So sewage is backing up into every toilet, tub, and shower in the house. Yuck

I'm having the city plumber over to access the situation.

This presents a small problem because I haven't exactly been able/willing to clean in the past week. I couldn't do clothes/dishes due to the water problem. Nor could I bathe my self or my son (don't worry we went to the in-laws for that!) I couldn't cook, so there are approximately 15 take out "left overs" in the fridge.

Why didn't I take care of this sooner you ask? Because apparently this particular issue is one that the city deals with, not warranty. Who knew.

Anyways, today I developed a new standard of "clean". "Clean enough for the plumber".
Dishes- In the dishwasher (though obviously, not washed)
Clothes-A mixture between in the washer (though obviously, not washed) and in the
closet.
Trash-Taken out! New bags in!
Clutter-Thrown in the Closet/Thrown Away.
Carpet-Swifter "vacuumed"
Tile-Wiped up with a paper towel
Child-Wiped up with a (different) paper towel.

I doubt Martha Stewart would approve.

Oh yeah, one last thing. Fabreeze sprayed throughout to mask "brown sewage" smell. And a word to the wise, never try to clean the sewage in the shower before the problem is fixed...just trust me on this.

4 Comments:

  • I can come over and help clean this week sometime after my work ends. I have lots of disposable vinyl gloves and I can bring some clothes back here to wash.

    And I saw something today at the store that made me think of you- so I need to bring it over!

    By Blogger JacqueFromTexas, at 9:18 PM  

  • Oh, that`s AWFUL! :(

    But we all know sh*t happens....

    By Blogger L., at 11:19 PM  

  • THANK YOU JAQUE (*that* key is still broken...)

    Sorry I haven't returned your messages, I've just been gone all day everyday. I'll tell you all about it!

    You're awesome.

    By Blogger Lauren, at 12:31 AM  

  • By the way- Martha stewart can bite me. :)

    By Blogger JacqueFromTexas, at 11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


This template design was made by Akshamala at www.throughmyview.com