/* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }
Powered by Blogger
         
About
Hi, this is my blog for all sorts of pro-life news, statistics, stories, and personal ventings. I am a wife and mother, as well as a nursing student. I I truly believe that abortion has failed women, and will continue to do so as long as it is legal.


Links


Previous

Archives


Extras

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Abortion Makes Women Believe They are God

I have often said that abortion is so "sacred" because it gives women a false sense of control. This is often written off as "crazy religious wacko talk", and I am often assured that abortion does nothing but get rid of a "problem pregnancy".

I found an interesting post at culturekitchen entitled "The Late Term Abortion I never Had". The story talks about a woman's false positive triple screen and how the experience strengthened her pro-choice convictions. The part I found most telling was her discussion about the "life" of her unborn child.

She wrote-
Because, let me be clear : I did not decide to become a mother because I was told I had a baby.

I am woman and as an autonomous being, I decide [when it] is a fetus becomes my baby.

This is not the job of any god.

This is not the job of any man.

This is not the job of any law.

I am woman : Life begins when I make the choice.
(emphasis mine)
I had already chosen this baby as mine. I had already called myself a mother. Not to be, but made. My son's face was all that I awaited. Not motherhood, not 'life' because that already had arrived with my choice.


Thus, mystically, the choice of a woman is purported to have the power to create life. Unfortunately, this is not the case. I could not choose for my dead children to live, nor my body to magically "choose" new life. I know and accept this. To follow pro-choice rhetoric is to deny truth. By clinging to "choice", one need not face the cruel realities of reproduction. From this angle it is much easier to see why "choice" is so easily embraced.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • You nailed it.

    By Blogger Christina Dunigan, at 4:03 AM  

  • Of course, when you go to blogs like "Babies Or Not", you find that no matter how much a woman may determine within herself to MAKE HERSELF a woman, that the choice simply isn't hers. It's all a lie.

    We all know people whose parents told them they were "accidents"... and we all know people who, if they could but DECLARE themselves parents, would be THRILLED to do so. It's sad that any woman would actually still think that this is really her choice at all.

    God is the giver and taker of life. Thanks for sharing.

    Jess @ Making Home

    By Blogger Jess Connell, at 10:33 PM  

  • I am pro choice, and solidly against abortion. Obviously, I look at the concept of "choice" a bit differently than it has come to be used in this context.

    Let me explain:
    The choice is made immediately before the sex that creates the life.
    For a woman to become pregnant, she makes the choice to have sex with a man. That is when the choice is made, not days or weeks or months later, when she becomes selfish.
    The same thing goes for men. The choice is made before the sex. It's unconscionable for him to later demand that the child be killed.
    As a society, we need to start taking responsibility for the choices we make.
    Just my 2 pence...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:41 AM  

  • It doesn't matter. I know this post is from a long time ago but I feelthis is

    In 1978 in Pennsylvania, a man named McFall took up a civil case against his cousin, Shimp. McFall had aplastic anemia, a condition in which bone marrow fails to make important components of blood cells. Bone marrow is very hard to transplant and require a very specific match, often impossible to find outside of close family. McFall's cousin Shimp was found to be the only suitable match.

    Shimp, however, refused further testing or the transplant procedure.

    McFall took Shimp to court, asking the court to force Shimp to donate his marrow, because it was his responsibility to be a good Samaritan.

    Do you think Shimp should be forced to donate?

    The court didn't. The decision handed down by the Judge was that no person has the right to use the body, or any part of the body, of any other person, even if they are at risk of death. Organs, tissues, etc. must be given voluntarily.

    Even if life begins at conception and the fetus has all the rights of a fully fledged citizen, that citizen does not have the right to use the body of another person who has not explicitly consented. There is no room for implicit consent in this case. (Even if there were, to say that consenting to sex is consenting to pregnancy is no different from saying that consenting to eat food in a restaurant is consenting to food poisoning.)

    Therefore, to suggest that a woman does not have the right to cease the use of her body against her will by another person, you are saying that the fetus actually has MORE rights than the adult woman.

    Is that your belief?

    By Blogger YoFa, at 7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


This template design was made by Akshamala at www.throughmyview.com