/* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }
Powered by Blogger
         
About
Hi, this is my blog for all sorts of pro-life news, statistics, stories, and personal ventings. I am a wife and mother, as well as a nursing student. I I truly believe that abortion has failed women, and will continue to do so as long as it is legal.


Links


Previous

Archives


Extras

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Betrayed by My OB/GYN or What to do When Your High Risk OB is the Guest of Honor at Planned Parenthood

As I've written before, my mother is rabidly pro-choice. She attended a planned parenthood luncheon a few weeks ago and called me to tell me all about it. Aside from my snide remarks about Margaret Sanger and the KKK, some interesting personal information was shared.

One of the guest speakers was none other than my OB. The woman who delivered my very small, very sick child. The woman who is largely responsible for him being here today. After hearing what she had to say about the subject of high risk pregnancies and abortions, it is even more of a miracle that my son is alive and healthy.

She told the panel quite straightforwardly that in a pregnancy she has but one patient. Interesting, I have never heard an obstetrician let alone a high risk obstetrician take such a stand, but apparently that is her belief and practice. She went on to say that she was infuriated at the number of nurses and technicians who will not perform "medical abortions". She orchestrated an ethics committee to insure an abortionist will always be on staff. Perhaps I got lucky and there was no one willing to perform an abortion on the day they thought my son was dying.

What I find very irritating about this whole scenario is the fact that my OB is a very religious woman. She goes on south American missions constantly to work for better healthcare for impoverished women. Of course, she goes on to complain that she was unable to bring the "morning after pill" with her on her religious mission. As a doctor, I would think she would be privy to the information that a pill that prevents implantation may not technically end a "pregnancy" by the loose standards put forth by the AMA, but most certainly ends a life. Apparently she doesn't care.

I suppose it's a good thing then, that I changed insurances and she is no longer a member of my PPO.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


This template design was made by Akshamala at www.throughmyview.com