/* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }
Powered by Blogger
         
About
Hi, this is my blog for all sorts of pro-life news, statistics, stories, and personal ventings. I am a wife and mother, as well as a nursing student. I I truly believe that abortion has failed women, and will continue to do so as long as it is legal.


Links


Previous

Archives


Extras

Friday, July 07, 2006

Please pray for my son.

Holden has an appointment with his uroligist today. They are planning on starting his treatment that will lead up to his surgery. I'm a bit weary of the method because it includes hormone therapy for my 14 month old. I know the doctor knows more about this than I do, but it's still a little disconcerting. So please pray for my son, both that he will not be adversely affected by the hormones, and also that he will be safe through surgery and have a speedy recovery.

4 Comments:

  • I think I missed something. What's the diagnosis that would require this therapy?

    By Blogger Fredi, at 6:33 AM  

  • hypospadias, essentially the opening of his uretra didn't form correctly. It's a genetic defect, but it's really more cosmetic than anything. We want to get it done early so he doesn't remember the procedure and so he can have a normal life without the stigma that something is wrong with his private parts.

    By Blogger Lauren, at 7:42 AM  

  • Gotcha.

    Getting my pray on! :)


    P.S. Yeah, I think it's good to have this done early. Guys are crazy weird about stuff involving their "down there"s.

    By Blogger Fredi, at 7:46 AM  

  • Yeah, Oliver was as white as a ghost(ok so he always is...) when he told me about Holden's "defect". He didn't tell me exactly what was wrong at first so I was imagining the worst. When he finally told me, I was like "oh that's no big deal" but both he and my father in law yelled "YES IT IS!"

    I guess you have to be a man to fully understand the implications. Of course, we were all thankful that it was something pretty benign and not something that would affect his health.

    By Blogger Lauren, at 8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


This template design was made by Akshamala at www.throughmyview.com