/* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }
Powered by Blogger
         
About
Hi, this is my blog for all sorts of pro-life news, statistics, stories, and personal ventings. I am a wife and mother, as well as a nursing student. I I truly believe that abortion has failed women, and will continue to do so as long as it is legal.


Links


Previous

Archives


Extras

Friday, November 17, 2006

Prayer request: Really Bad Day.

Today has been a really, really bad day. I'm surprisingly calm about it but I think that it is because I'm in major denial.

First, on Oliver's way to work at 2 in the morning, our car, which we've spent about 300 dollars on in the past week, decided to up and die. Going 60 miles an hour down the freeway. We used our next to last tow with our motor club to get it back to the house.

Because of this, Oliver had to get someone to come get him from work, and also had to arrange some way for us to get to Holden's doctor appt. Thankfully we found a friend who could help in that regard.

Now Holden's Appt. Really Really bad news. Holden has had Aural Hematomas(though I just found out that's what they're called) that have come and gone for the past month. They started out very small and I thought that his ear was just a bit red and didn't think much about it. Then a couple of days ago he got one that covered the entire upper half of his ear. It looked like a giant blood blister.

I looked around online and found that such a condition was caused by trauma to the ear. I could find no other cause. Now this makes NO sense. I mean, there is no way that anyone is hurting him, he's in my care 24 hours a day. The only thing that I could think of was that he was somehow doing it to himself (he's a headbanger).

Well I went to the doctor and he immediately questioned who came into contact with Holden. I told him only Oliver, my niece and nephew, and myself. He asked me if I noticed the blisters more often when my niece and nephew are around. I hadn't. He told me to "think hard" and then instructed me to strip Holden naked while he went out of the room. Of course I was freaking out at this point, because I honestly have NO CLUE where these things were coming from and I was feeling very much accused.

So the doctor comes back in, examines Holden and determines that he has no other signs of abuse. (Thank God he hasn't bumped into anything recently). Again, he questions me about my niece and nephew and instructs me to watch them to see if they are doing something. He then tells me that "Someone is hurting this child".

After all this he tells me he wants to run some blood work to rule out any blood diseases. He told me that there was a possibility that there was a tumor but the fact that they come and go and that they are bilateral makes him question that conclusion.

So right now we're praying that it isn't a blood disorder and that there is some sort of logical explanation for all this. Any ideas? Anyone?

Oh and also, the lady at Quest was mean to my baby. She left the tie on his arm for very very close to two minutes while she fished around for someone to help hold him down. That's not only inconsiderate, but also dangerous. I was very disappointed with my experience with them.

So after all of this(like this day could get any worse) I needed to get to the SSA to talk to them about Holden's SSI benefits. Basically, his benefits check was lost this month and I have spent the entire month trying to rectify the situation, only to be told a million different things that weren't true. Apparently the SSA has very poor procedures for this type of thing.

Anyways, I get down to the SSA office with Holden in tow. He was felling very bad(and who can blame him?) and was a bit fussy. I talk to the same lady I had spoken to on the 3rd (the date that I was insured everything would be immediately rectified) and she directed me to some higher up.

The higher up was a horrific man who I believe lives to see people suffer. He came to get me and told me that they had no record of me ever contacting their office. Apparently every single person I spoke with (and it was at least 6 different people) failed to file a report of our conversation. I was flabbergasted, but managed to come up with a few names and places. Plus, I told him that the woman who registered me was the same who spoke to me on the 3rd. I told him that I thought she would remember me because we had a conversation about Holden's name. Her grandson was named Holden, and we agreed that it was unusual. I know that it's a bit of a stretch, but I figured saying that would be enough to jog her memory. His response? "We see alot of people, I'm not going to bother her with that!"

So I'm sitting here, trying to comfort by sick child, trying not to break down, and I'm dealing with this man who is indirectly accusing me of trying to rob the government, and Holden starts lightly tapping the man's desk with his foot. Rhythmic movements comfort him, so I was letting him do it. I am not exaggerating when I say he was barely touching it. The man reaches across the table and tells me I need to "keep my child in line".

I wanted to rip into him about how he'd treat his child after finding out that he may have a life threatening condition, but I held my tongue. The man eventually went to another higher up and snidely informed me that the money would be direct deposit in two to three days. I asked him if there was anything more I needed to do and he just glared at me.

I understand that from his point of view there was no documentation, and I am thankful that he found a solution(though not the solution I was promised) but it was so hurtful that he refused to even acknowledge any of my attempts to explain the situation. I left the office in tears.

So my prayer requests for today:

1) Pray that my son does not have any sort of disease and that there is a rational explanation for his condition.

2) That our car can be revived without too much financial burden to ourselves. Thankfully this comes near Oliver's Christmas bonus so I pray that will cover the costs.

3) That this issue with SSI is rectified and that there are no other issues that arise.

4) Just a general prayer for our family because we are all under alot of stress.

God Bless.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • Lauren, what a bad day you had. I will say a prayer for you.

    By Blogger Mrs. Geezerette, at 8:32 PM  

  • Lauren, I'm sorry for your very stressful day. I will be praying for you and hope that tomorrow the sun will shine brightly on you and your family.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:55 PM  

  • The head-banging could indeed have something to do with it.

    I guess you have to start keeping your own record of people you speak with, since your health provider doesn`t seem to have very good administrative record keeping. Ask everyone`s name and write that down, and the time you called, and next time you have to deal with Mr. Jerk, he won`t be able to argue (though i``ll bet he`d still try). People like him are all too common these days.

    I know that "accusation" feeling, becuase my older son had a very prominent Mongolian spot on his rear end (my husband is Japanese) which looked just like a cluster of bruises. I got a LOT of questions about it, especially if someone watched me change his diaper -- in fact, one of my uncles didn`t believe me, and I lived in fear of social workers. (Then again, perhaps he DID call, and the first question they probably asked him was, "Is the baby`s father black, Native American, or Asian?")

    By Blogger L., at 10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


This template design was made by Akshamala at www.throughmyview.com