/* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }
Powered by Blogger
         
About
Hi, this is my blog for all sorts of pro-life news, statistics, stories, and personal ventings. I am a wife and mother, as well as a nursing student. I I truly believe that abortion has failed women, and will continue to do so as long as it is legal.


Links


Previous

Archives


Extras

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Call it like it is.

Yesterday Jacque gave me my very own fetal model. I named my him Paul. The picture to the left isn't actually him, but rather a similar creation. I couldn't scrounge up the batteries to take a picture of my little one.

There's something so powerful about holding these little ones in your hand. They exude the wonder of life. I found myself rubbing the tiny feet and running my finger down the tiny spine. I wanted to protect my "baby" and make sure he was warm and safe. Yes, I know it's illogical, but I couldn't help myself.

Then I looked down at the tiny arm and thought about the reality of abortion. It was all I could do to keep from breaking into tears. People, so many people, want to hurt real children. Real children's mothers make the decision to rip them apart.

...

I've avoided pro-choice sources today because I just couldn't deal with it. I couldn't deal with the wanton disregard for life. I couldn't deal with the bragging. For some reason I decided to go over to abortionclinicdays (not a link, I don't feel comfortable linking to that page). I was surprised and relieved at the lack of "WOOHOO WE WON!" posts, but that slight reprieve was short lived.

First I saw a post about the reasons women abort. It saddened me that the clinics saw what they offered as "help" when it was so clearly a band-aid on a hemorrhage. It strengthened my resolve to do everything possible to give women real help and real hope.

Then I saw something that made me cry out to God. Under the heading of spiritual recovery, I read of the practice of allowing women to set with their "pregnancy tissue" following the abortion. The practice is not my objection, but rather the spirit of the wording. The author goes so far as to say that a patient once asked to "have time alone after the abortion with the pregnancy."

Let that sink in for a second, the clinician has so removed the humanity of the just slaughtered child, that she has completely redefined reproductive physiology. No one is pregnant with a pregnancy. Women do, however, become pregnant with children. Abortion does not kill a pregnancy, it kills a child. There is no "pregnancy" left over in jar after an abortion, but there is a dead child.

So, I call on all people, no matter where they stand on abortion, to call things like they are. When you perform an abortion, a child and some afterbirth are removed. I'll even give you a pass with "product of conception". "Pregnancy" does not accurately describe the child that you just killed.

7 Comments:

  • I amen you, Lauren. It's beyond horrific.

    What's worse is that someone commented on one post, "There's no hell." I responded with "Yes, there is." And you can read the ensuing abuse. Just by explaining the gospel verbatim, well...you can read it.

    I'm so glad that you and Holden like Paul so much. I agree- He's so white, he fits right in with y'all. :)

    By Blogger JacqueFromTexas, at 8:18 AM  

  • Do they come in other colors, since most aborted fetuses are non-white?

    I`m personally not pro-life myself, but I have many friends who are, and I read more pro-life sites than pro-choice sites. "Abortionclinicdays" doesn`t update very often. The most "hard-core" pro-choice site of all, "I`m Not Sorry" (which is even a bit hard-core for me, sometimes), isn`t gloating at all, after the election:

    http://imnotsorrydotnet.blogspot.com/2006/11/dont-get-too-excited.html

    By Blogger L., at 12:04 PM  

  • Hey, L.

    Yeah, they come in white, brown, and black. All for naught anyway since all unborn children are light skinned (pigment doesn't come till after birth).

    All I happened to have with me when I saw Lauren was a white one. And that joke is because Lauren, her husband and son are all fair-skinned blondes. :)

    By Blogger JacqueFromTexas, at 12:15 PM  

  • I always figured all fetus` skin looked like the skin of premature infants, no matter what the race -- kind of dark pinky and translucent:

    http://tamyu.net/?p=333#more-333

    By Blogger L., at 2:21 PM  

  • What is amusing about the fetal model Lauren has is that it really is white. Not peach, not tan. WHITE. Not even albino's are as white.

    Ironically, the black editions of this same type of fetal model are a very dark black.

    By Blogger JacqueFromTexas, at 2:39 PM  

  • Yeah, when I saw jacque's I just thought it happened to be a different color, I didn't even realize that it was supposed to represent a dark skined child.

    But you're right l, they are all the same color in utero, this just helps people of different races identify with the model and thus their child. As well I suppose to fend of comments that we only care about "perfect white babies"

    By Blogger Lauren, at 6:55 AM  

  • Yeah- I know for a fact that we sidewalk counselor every woman, not just the blonde haired blue eyed ones...

    By Blogger JacqueFromTexas, at 7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


This template design was made by Akshamala at www.throughmyview.com