/* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }
Powered by Blogger
         
About
Hi, this is my blog for all sorts of pro-life news, statistics, stories, and personal ventings. I am a wife and mother, as well as a nursing student. I I truly believe that abortion has failed women, and will continue to do so as long as it is legal.


Links


Previous

Archives


Extras

Thursday, March 16, 2006

"Abortion is personal, my husband doesnt need to know!"

This question was posed to readers of the Chicago Tribune: "I've had an abortion, have you?"

Here is the answer given by Emily L. Hauser

"Women readers, of course, know their own answer to my question; many of their men would be surprised by it.

Many men don't know that their wives, sisters or mothers have, in fact, terminated a pregnancy. They don't know because the women they love fear their response. Will he see me differently? Will he--figuratively or literally--kill me?"

" And why, in the end, did I have my abortion? I'm not going to record that here. You and I don't know each other, and my reasons are personal. I don't need to defend them, and neither does your neighbor, the stranger at work--nor, perhaps, your girlfriend."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/chi-0603160157mar16,1,6556866.story?coll=chi-opinionfront-hed

Now perhaps I'm just old fashioned, but I beleive that a man has a RIGHT to know that his child is being murdered. Likewise, I think that if a woman claims to have the right to kill her unborn child, she must inhearantly defend that right. If a right or action is indefensible, how then can it be moral? This line of thinking sickens me.

5 Comments:

  • Hi, Lauren. I lurke around her but I just wanted to drop you a little note to tell you I'm a loyal reader.

    You have fans!!

    :)

    By Blogger Fredi, at 3:41 PM  

  • :) I honestly thought I was pretty much just writing for myself! Thanks for letting me know.

    By Blogger Lauren, at 11:39 AM  

  • I can't beleive you're from Arlington!

    I followed the comment on my blog here and said, "Hey, I know this blog!"

    Duh! That's how you came to visit me.

    By Blogger Fredi, at 2:34 PM  

  • Haha yeah. I'm at UTA right now in the nursing program. I sent you an email so we can get in touch :)

    By Blogger Lauren, at 4:47 PM  

  • I wasn't commenting directly on your situation, but rather the general implied notion that father's did not need to be involved in the abortion decision. I applaud you for involving your husband in the decision, but I can not pretend that your article was not dismissive of the rights of fathers.

    That said, I think you would find it interesting to read about some fathers reactions to their significant other's abortion. Men are hurt by abortion, and I feel you were calous in pretending the issue does not affect them.

    I realize that men do not have to continue the pregnancy, but the life that is growing inside a woman is as much his child as hers. Men deserve notification at the very least.

    By Blogger Lauren, at 12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


This template design was made by Akshamala at www.throughmyview.com