/* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }
Powered by Blogger
         
About
Hi, this is my blog for all sorts of pro-life news, statistics, stories, and personal ventings. I am a wife and mother, as well as a nursing student. I I truly believe that abortion has failed women, and will continue to do so as long as it is legal.


Links


Previous

Archives


Extras

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Premarital sex

I'm going to step on a few toes and possibly be accused of being a hypocrite but I don't care.

Premarital sex is not good. It isn't healthy, it isn't love affirming and it isn't something that should be celebrated.

Our society teaches that marriage before 30 is a sin but sex at 14 is a right. This warped thinking has convoluted our societal morals and made premarital sex as common as a date for icecream. (Who am I kidding, it's more common.)

I bought right in to the "free sex" craze and lost my virginity in highschool to a person who I can now only assume hates me. I did not save myself for my husband and he feels like I cheated on him with every partner who came before him. The feminists scream "misogynist!" at such feelings, but my husband has every right to feel them. My premarital promiscuity has hurt our marriage.

I am horrified that the "solution" to stopping unplanned pregnancies is birth control not self control. Birth control does not strengthen a relationship, nor does it allow for the bonding of sex to occur. It deviates from the act of full abandon with the one that God has made for you, and replaces it with cheap entertainment.

I hate that it is considered "common ground" to support birth control. Yes, I would theoretically rather people who have sex like monkeys to not copulate and kill but the reality is this reckless abandon encourages more abortions.

Planned Parenthood likes to pretend that girls don't know or don't have access to birth control but if they did they would live happy, healthy, baby free lives. I don't know where planned parenthood gets their information, but I don't know a single 15 year old who doesn't know about the full range of birthcontrol and abortive options. If children are taught about AIDS after learning their ABC's in kindergarten, I highly doubt they are unaware of where babies come from by the time they reach reproducive age.

Of course, girls at 15 are far less prepared to be wives or mothers today than they were a hundred years ago. Let's be honest, today's 30 year olds aren't prepared for that job. Our society shuns motherhood, belittles a healthy marriage, and most disturbingly, has replaced the love and communion of sex with a cheap trick.

Birth control is not the answer. It is just another facet of the problem. Until our society begins to realize that we are killing the homes of our nation, we will continue to see mothers setting up their children to be killed while fathers commission the hit man.

4 Comments:

  • Wow! Poignant and not hipocritical at all. Hipocritical is not saying, "Don't do what I repented of" but saying, "Don't do what I am currently doing." I think it's a good message.

    I am constantly amazed at how you came to all of your convictions of your own free thinking and spiritual tenacity. Some can credit their Catholic upbringings for coming to these conclusions but you can't (I can't either but my spiritual family has greatly influenced my thoughts).

    Have a blessed day on the sidewalks tomorrow. You're a natural. I also found that people are more likely to talk to pretty ladies so you're at a good advantage there, too. :)

    -Jacqueline

    By Blogger Fredi, at 12:03 PM  

  • Thank you.

    I suppose as opposed to the creepy tooth missing sludge covered pro-lifers that PPGG likes to pretend we are? hehe

    I'm actually not going til 2 saterdays. I realized that Holden's birthday is this saturday!(How in the world could I have forgotten?!)

    But I got directions and am heading out on the 20th.

    By Blogger Lauren, at 12:10 PM  

  • Happy Birthday, Holden! Is this birthday one or two?

    By Blogger Fredi, at 7:07 AM  

  • one :)

    By Blogger Lauren, at 7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


This template design was made by Akshamala at www.throughmyview.com