/* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }
Powered by Blogger
         
About
Hi, this is my blog for all sorts of pro-life news, statistics, stories, and personal ventings. I am a wife and mother, as well as a nursing student. I I truly believe that abortion has failed women, and will continue to do so as long as it is legal.


Links


Previous

Archives


Extras

Sunday, December 10, 2006

A fallen world.

I wish I were a better artist so I could express my feelings in a median other than writing. I'm a terrible artist, I can barely draw a stick figure. My writing's not much better, but it's all I've got.

I say this because I have an image in my head of Abortion. Not a technical view of the abortion procedure, but more what the reality triggers within me. It's frustrating being unable to express.

I'm musical, but a cacophony of sounds is hardly a viable outlet. Besides, everything I've ever written has been in C major, and abortion is most definitely a minor muse.

Then there's poetry. Mine's laughable at best.

So we're stuck with this. Whatever this may be. I apologize for my awkward sentence structure and overuse of parenthesis. I'm sure editing my posts would help immensely. Of course, that would require reading what I write, something I never do. I rarely revise anything and, consequently, my writing is a bit rough.

Abortion. Termination. Unwanted. Choice.

Defend to the death a woman's right to choose to kill her offspring. Child is too emotional.

I'm too emotional.

It's hard to be stoic about death. Ayn Rand was wrong, it is more than possible to care. To weep. It's not about control. I don't want to control anyone, I just want the killing to end. Society is a mess, bigoted and misguided, but we all know it's wrong. We would jump in front of a dog being slaughtered by a flippant teenager, yet care not when our own children and grandchildren are ripped apart.

Overdramatic. Realistic.

Jesus is coming. I pray that it is soon.

6 Comments:

  • Your heart is good :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:56 PM  

  • What made Lauren sad? Was it Alexis' story about the puppy?

    Whenever I really think about things, I come to you conclusion however it takes a trigger. Did something trigger this?

    If so, I offer to trigger happiness. I can write you a song! :)

    By Blogger JacqueFromTexas, at 7:55 AM  

  • :) A happy song would be good!

    The trigger was actually talking to my good e-friend Kate about abortion. Or rather about who is aborted and throwing away God's blessings.


    That combined with yesterday's sermon to put me into a blah/hopeful state of mind.

    By Blogger Lauren, at 9:57 AM  

  • Oh my gosh- I'm right there with you. Been crying since yesterday's sermon. I wrote a lot about it to feel better.

    Actually, your post about allowing yourself to be comforted was another sermon to me. God's been trying to comfort me and I've refused. It's complicated.

    A-hem...For your song*...

    "You get blue like everyone
    But me and some bubble tea
    Can make your troubles go away
    Blow away, there they go...

    Cheer up, Lauren
    Give me a smile
    What happened to the smile I used to know
    Don't you know your grin has always
    Been my sunshine;
    Let that sunshine show...

    Come on, Lauren
    No need to frown
    Deep down you know tomorrow is your toy...

    When the days get heavy
    Never pitter patter
    Up and at'em boy (um...girl)

    Some day, sweet as a song
    Lauren's lucky day will come along
    Till that day
    You've got to stay strong Lauren
    Up on top is right where you belong

    Look up, Lauren
    You'll see a star
    Just follow it and keep your dreams in view
    Pretty soon the sky is going to clear up
    Lauren,
    Cheer up Lauren,do
    Cheer up Lauren,
    Just be glad you're you."

    *Originally, "Cheer up, Charlie" from Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (with a few modifications).

    By Blogger JacqueFromTexas, at 10:28 AM  

  • :) That made me grin from ear to ear!

    I definitely struggle with allowing God to comfort me. One of the biggest things I'm *trying* to learn is that God provides for all of my needs, and that I'm not reliant on anyone else for them. It really is a struggle for me, but I think I'm learning to give my struggles to God.

    I'm so happy my post actually gave someone something meaningful. :)

    By Blogger Lauren, at 11:02 AM  

  • It's all a complex plan that transcends all understanding. My situation, you're spiritual lesson, your posting the spiritual lesson when I needed a spiritual kesson myself, the WA HO sign---All of it.

    I don't know why I'm so difficult.

    P.S. My new fake plastic nails are awesome.

    By Blogger JacqueFromTexas, at 11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


This template design was made by Akshamala at www.throughmyview.com