/* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }
Powered by Blogger
         
About
Hi, this is my blog for all sorts of pro-life news, statistics, stories, and personal ventings. I am a wife and mother, as well as a nursing student. I I truly believe that abortion has failed women, and will continue to do so as long as it is legal.


Links


Previous

Archives


Extras

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

The Most Hurtful Thing I've Been Told.

I just saw a picture of the MoD walk of a little white boy in a shirt that said "I'm not a wimpy white boy!". I imagine the reason for this shirt's existence is because, statistically, caucasian males have the lowest survival rates of any demographic when born prematurely.

The second I saw that shirt I was brought back to the days leading up to Holden's birth. My mother, in "girl-power" glee informed me OVER and OVER again that "african american girls have the highest survival rates and white boys have the lowest!" "girl-power".

Great...except for the fact that I was about to give birth to a "scrawny white boy". Even now it hurts that my mom put her enjoyment of feminism over the reality of our situation.

Ouch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


This template design was made by Akshamala at www.throughmyview.com