/* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }
Powered by Blogger
         
About
Hi, this is my blog for all sorts of pro-life news, statistics, stories, and personal ventings. I am a wife and mother, as well as a nursing student. I I truly believe that abortion has failed women, and will continue to do so as long as it is legal.


Links


Previous

Archives


Extras

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Lose your virginity! All the cool kids are doing it!

I have never seen such a blatant attack on virginity what I discovered at a Canadian planned parenthood site for teens. I answered questions on a quiz regarding virginity as I felt when I was a virgin. A bit embarrassed because of the social pressure to have sex, a bit disproving of my peers who were having sex, turning down sexual advances, but still a bit curious about the whole sex thing. I answered the way most young girls would answer. These were my results:


Sometimes you feel like it's not your choice. Maybe your religion or parents are influencing your decision. Take control. Remind yourself that what you do is always a choice. You choose whether to follow the values of your religion. You choose whether to be honest with your parents. They may not be easy choices, and others may not agree with the choices you make. But they are still YOUR choices and they should be based on what's important to you.

Maybe you feel ready to do it, but haven't found the right opportunity or person. This is still your choice. You are choosing to respect your partners that don't want to have sex. You are choosing to have sex in a situation that feels right for you. Other people may make different choices than you. That doesn't mean that one of you is right and one is wrong. Every person has different values and reasons. Get to know yours.



So basically, you're a brainwashed little Jesus freak who needs to get into bed and get into bed quick! You've been thinking about sex, so obviously you should do it! Sex is fun, it's not wrong, and shame on you for thinking that premarital sex is immoral. As soon as you find the right guy(or any guy!) you'll rethink your silly views on sex.

I was honestly revolted by this answer. Teens are going to think about having sex. We are human and we sin. When a teen comes to a crossing point, they deserve respect and guidance, not to be told that "everyone else is having sex, you should too!". I lost my virginity to a person who didn't care about me, at a time when I really REALLY needed someone to come and show me God's love, and his plan for my life.

I can not even begin to explain how much pain it causes me to think about my past. I feel like I have cheated on my husband, and though he would never say such a thing, I know he feels it as well. Having sex at 15 was not something I should have been doing. I can never take back those times, and though I know I am forgiven, it grieves my heart to know the past exists.

If during that summer before my Junior year of highschool someone had come to me with love and encouraged my virginity, I know I would be living in regret. Instead I was given the same message I received today at planned parenthood's website. It wasn't so blatant, but it was all around me. Have sex, forget religion, everyone else is and you're a freak if you're not. Teenagers deserve so much better.

2 Comments:

  • You misread quite badly. It said that you shouldn't feel pressured by outside forces (whether it be peer pressure to have sex, or religion not to) and make a choice based on what is best for YOU. It's a shame that you misread so terribly and twisted it around to be some sort of "ZOMG! GO HAVE SEX!" thingy. Maybe you could spend a little more time reading next time you fill out a quiz?

    By Blogger Adipose Regina, at 6:38 AM  

  • Actually, Kukushka-

    That's exactly the opposite of what the quiz said. Perhaps you are the one should read more carefully.

    It suggests that being influenced by your religious beliefs implies that you aren't thinking for yourself. So basically, you're brainwashed if you beleive that it's immoral to have premarital sex. It also implies that you want to, but haven't had the right chance (instead of the truth that some people believe that sex outside of marriage is wrong, stupid and dangerous).

    I think Lauren nailed it.

    By Blogger Fredi, at 12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


This template design was made by Akshamala at www.throughmyview.com