/* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }
Powered by Blogger
         
About
Hi, this is my blog for all sorts of pro-life news, statistics, stories, and personal ventings. I am a wife and mother, as well as a nursing student. I I truly believe that abortion has failed women, and will continue to do so as long as it is legal.


Links


Previous

Archives


Extras

Monday, July 24, 2006

Pat the bunny.


I really like this picture. Holden is reading his favorite part of his favorite book. Every time we get to the "little book" part of "Pat the Bunny", Holden flips to the last page and waits for me to whisper "Shh, Bunny is sleeping!". We continue this for quite some time before moving on.

I love the simple, little moments we share. I'm constantly amazed by his mind and his gentle spirit. We bought him some foam letters for the bath and he went back and forth gathering up all the orange letters. He seems to categorize by color more than shape. He also likes things to be in pairs. One of his favorite(abet not entirely sanitary) games is to sort out a pile of shoes for matching pairs. I don't think I've ever seen him mismatch a set!

He amazes me daily with his empathy. He seems to understand my disappointment in a failed casserole but share in my celebration upon finishing the laundry. He is aware of all the mundane fluctuations of the day, yet seems to realize that he is completely safe and secure. My heart melts when he looks up at me with a sly, toothy grin and engages me in a spontaneous game of "peek-a-boo".

I realize that these baby times will not last long. I can not shelter him from the world, nor can I change man's sinful nature. I pray that we equip our son to face the world with dignity and righteousness and empower him to give glory to God. It feels like he's off to a great start!

3 Comments:

  • Wow...you should totally test him for giftedness when he's older. Kids at that age aren't normally allowed to catagorize by anything until they're around 3.

    That really is amazing.

    How'd it go with the urologist?

    By Blogger Fredi, at 6:52 AM  

  • Haha, right as I read that he sat down and started banging his head against the couch...gifted eh? :p

    His urologist went well. I have to start him on testoterone cream, but there was a glitch at the pharmacy so we're still waiting for that Rx. His surgery is roughly scheaduled for the middle of August and will be an out patient surgery at Cooks Children's in Ft. Worth. The surgery itself will take a couple of hours, and his recovery will be about 10 days.

    If all goes well, he will only need one surgery and he will be all better. However, he's getting over 100 stiches and if just one pops, they'll have to go back in and close up the hole. I'll update when I get the exact date for the surgery.

    By Blogger Lauren, at 8:33 AM  

  • Misoprostol is a prostaglandin medication marketed as Cytotec Misoprostol is FDA approved to prevent gastric ulcers resulting from prolonged administration of non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs NSAIDs There are several regimens and dosages used to terminate pregnancies using Misoprostol……….

    non surgical abortion
    no non surgical abortion clinic
    non surgical abortion side effects

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


This template design was made by Akshamala at www.throughmyview.com