/* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }
Powered by Blogger
         
About
Hi, this is my blog for all sorts of pro-life news, statistics, stories, and personal ventings. I am a wife and mother, as well as a nursing student. I I truly believe that abortion has failed women, and will continue to do so as long as it is legal.


Links


Previous

Archives


Extras

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Shallow post about movies.

So, I'm taking a huge turn from my usual serious and or mommying ways to talk about Hollywood. Nothing about abortion, nothing about corruption of youth, simply an asinine topic on a recent movie.

The movie is Woody Allen's new movie "Scoop".

My first complaint is scarlet Johansen. I don't like her, and I don't like that she refers to herself as "Woody Allen's Muse". Why does it bother me? Because I don't think she can even hope to be on the same level as Woody Allen. I know he is an abominable person, but he is a fabulous director and actor. I know he's a dirty old man who is infatuated with her, but he is most defiantly a great artist. She is not.

My second complaint is the way the movie is being marketed. It is hailed a great movie by the "director of Match Point". Wait, "Match Point"?! Are the youth of today so out of touch with cinematic history, that saying "From Director Woody Allen" is too obscure? Also, if we're going to mention a specific movie, wouldn't "Annie Hall" be much more appropriate than Allen's latest lackluster(though interesting) film?

I suppose I'm just out of the realm of marketing for this movie.

2 Comments:

  • I couldn't be less of a Woody Allen fan, actually.

    I watched Annie Hall once to see what all the fuss was about and I still don't know what all the fuss is about.

    By Blogger Fredi, at 10:22 AM  

  • He takes a while to get into. The first of his movies I saw was "Hannah and her sisters" which is the most mainstream of his movies. I liked it, but I wasn't THAT impressed. Then I saw "Sleeper" which was the most hilarious movie I've ever seen. After that I got much more into his movies. We generally rent one a month or so.

    By Blogger Lauren, at 12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


This template design was made by Akshamala at www.throughmyview.com