/* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }
Powered by Blogger
         
About
Hi, this is my blog for all sorts of pro-life news, statistics, stories, and personal ventings. I am a wife and mother, as well as a nursing student. I I truly believe that abortion has failed women, and will continue to do so as long as it is legal.


Links


Previous

Archives


Extras

Monday, August 21, 2006

Baby. Maybe?


Alright, I wasn't going to post anything til we knew for sure, but since I'm going through this I thought I'd make all of you go through it as well. Muahaha. For those of you who don't care to read about ovulation and luteal periods, suffice it to say that I might be pregnant, check back in a week.


For those of you who have tried to conceive and found it a bit frustrating, this post is for you. Don't worry, I won't talk about the actual conception!

To start off, I've taken two tests. The first was a "spontaneous, middle of the afternoon test that I didn't expect to come back positive...But what if it does" type test. It was negative. Because I definitely feel pregnant, and am even starting to look a little pregnant, I wasn't discouraged.

The second test I just took about 5 minutes ago because I took my last positive pregnancy test in the middle of the night and I figured it might be good luck. The results were infuriatingly inconclusive. The line telling me I did the test right came back with flying, vivid colors. The line telling me I was pregnant however came back so thin and light that if you blinked once you would have missed it. I had to call my husband in to make sure it actually existed and I wasn't just creating it with wishful thinking. It was the punyist mockery of a line I've ever seen.

So I'm taking that as a "maybe". A little more hope than had there been no line, but not much.

Here's a little back ground information to help my readers stay in the guessing game with me :)

1-I have the most erratic cycles imaginable. 33 days here 40 days there 20 days the next month, you get the idea. I NEVER know if I'm "late" so I pretty much test every month.

2-I have a handy dandy ovulation microscope that I use religiously so I know I at least hit the ovulation mark.

3- I feel pregnant and some of my old stretch marks seem to be gearing up for old times and making some new friends. Also the old reliable indications like peeing a whole lot and having breasts that turn magically to rock are also in full swing.

4- The first test I took with my son came back negative, and the second positive. However, at the time of the test I was pregnant with twins and it still took about a week from the first test to give positive results.

5- I'm spotting just a little bit, but did so with my son as well.

6- And here's the only bit of information working against me...Because of my erratic cycle, I always think I'm pregnant. So much so that it's a joke. This time however is noticeably different as evidenced by my husband actually agreeing with me.

Anyways, seasoned mommies what do you think? Am I going crazy or does that pathetic line and my returning stretchy friends mean there's a new member of the family? Whatever it means, you can all join me on the ride.

Oh yeah and one more piece of evidence...The picture above isn't from my actual test, I didn't think my line would photograph. So I went searching for a faint inconclusive pregnancy test image and found this one. It just happens to be the same brand of test that I used. Coincidence? I think not!

5 Comments:

  • Think back to the earliest pregnancy signs you had the first time. For me, early pregnancy signs are breast tenderness and feeling warmer than normal in comparison to my husband. You also might want to try charting in the future. Supposedly this makes it easier to tell if you are pregnant.

    Assume the best, rejoice, praise God. That's my advice. Tell the baby how much you love him or her. You never know how long God intends to let you keep this child.

    By Blogger Young Christian Woman, at 4:41 AM  

  • That's what I've been doing, lots of hope and prayers and "I don't know if you're in there but if you are I love you's".

    I just found out thanks to peeonastick.blogspot.com that my line may have been an evaporation line. I guess the manufacturers don't tell you about these because only us crazies who are really REALLY looking even notice them. Of course, when taking a pregnancy test I think everyone is a bit crazy so it might be more necessary than I think.

    Anyways, apparantly it should be read as a "negative" test. Before everyone packs up and leaves they should know that I still feel pregnant and I have no indication that I'm not pregnant other than the tests so...I guess we'll wait and see :).

    I probably test again in a couple of days and I'll keep everyone posted. If nothing else it is theraputic for me to get all my anxiety out here and come up with wild conspiracy theories.

    By Blogger Lauren, at 6:42 AM  

  • Alright, I took another test(digital this time) and it told me "not pregnant" but I'm still spotting and I still have pregnancy symptoms. I think I'll wait a couple of days and test again and if I get another negative I'll go see a doctor.

    Sigh.

    By Blogger Lauren, at 2:21 PM  

  • I was hoping to see a post today that said, "Baby? YES!"

    I guess will just have to keep on praying.

    By Blogger Fredi, at 6:53 AM  

  • Sorry, my computer exploaded and I'm posting from the apartments office. Blah. Yay for service warranties though, I get my computer back in a few weeks.

    As far as me being pregnant...it's not looking lilke it. I think I had a progesteren producing cyst that got my hopes up and then dashed them.

    I'll update more later today.

    By Blogger Lauren, at 8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


This template design was made by Akshamala at www.throughmyview.com